Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a nice german coffee bread, with a lovely cinnamon streusel topping
- 177.44 ml warm water
- 11.09 ml active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml shortening or 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour, sifted
- 29.58 ml butter
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- In mixing bowl dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt and about half the flour.
- Beat thoroughly 2 minutes.
- Add egg and shortening. Beat in rest of flour gradually until smooth.
- Drop small spoonfuls over entire bottom of 9 inch greased pan.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile Combine the streusel ingredients and sprinkle over the bread before cooking.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake 30-35 minutes.
- Immediately turn out of pan to avoid sticking. Serve warm.