1/1 Photo of German Coffee Bread
2 hrs 10 mins
This is a nice german coffee bread, with a lovely cinnamon streusel topping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shortening or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1In mixing bowl dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- 2Add sugar and salt and about half the flour.
- 3Beat thoroughly 2 minutes.
- 4Add egg and shortening. Beat in rest of flour gradually until smooth.
- 5Drop small spoonfuls over entire bottom of 9 inch greased pan.
- 6Cover and let rise in warm place until double in bulk about 1 hour.
- 7Meanwhile Combine the streusel ingredients and sprinkle over the bread before cooking.
- 8Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake 30-35 minutes.
- 9Immediately turn out of pan to avoid sticking. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Coffee Bread
Serving Size: 1 (897 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3291.5
- Calories from Fat 1524
- Total Fat 169.4 g
- Saturated Fat 47.0 g
- Cholesterol 272.5 mg
- Sodium 3061.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 396.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 125.0 g
- Protein 55.9 g