Recipe by Melanie Murray
This is very easy and very rich. Great for chocolate lovers.
Top Review by sandyc #2
The directions for this cake make no sense -- it says to bake the cake first, and then the second step is to put coconut and pecans in a 9 x 13 pan. Seems to me steps 1 and 2 are reversed, and some steps are missing in between!
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle brand preferred)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coco Lopez or 1 (12 ounce) can cream of coconut