Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you love German Chocolate cake, and you are like me, the very best part is the icing...and, there is never enough icing!! Well if this sounds like you, I think you will love this recipe!! I can't remember exactly which one of my friends gave me this recipe...but whenever I make this cake everyone seems to love it.
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water (or as directed on cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as directed on cake mix)
- 2 -3 eggs (or as directed on cake mix)
- Mix together powdered sugar, softened margarine, and cream cheese and set aside.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in 9"x 13" pan. Cover the bottom of pan with coconut and pecans.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions. Pour over butter, coconut and pecan mixture.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over top of cake.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350°F.