Recipe by sandywilkinson_1
If you love German Chocolate cake, and you are like me, the very best part is the icing...and, there is never enough icing!! Well if this sounds like you, I think you will love this recipe!! I can't remember exactly which one of my friends gave me this recipe...but whenever I make this cake everyone seems to love it.
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water (or as directed on cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as directed on cake mix)
- 2 -3 eggs (or as directed on cake mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together powdered sugar, softened margarine, and cream cheese and set aside.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in 9"x 13" pan. Cover the bottom of pan with coconut and pecans.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions. Pour over butter, coconut and pecan mixture.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over top of cake.
- Bake 50 minutes at 350°F.