1/3 Photos of German Chocolate Upside Down Cake
Dragonfly AZ's Note:
Got this from the cake mix doctor, and it has quickly become one of my favorites. It has 3 layers that meld together to make the perfect cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Grease and flour 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs as directed on the box. Carefully pour batter over coconut and pecans in prepared pan.
- 3Mix melted margarine, cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, or until well mixed. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 30 seconds more, or until smooth.
- 4Spoon cream cheese over batter, leaving a 1 inch border of batter around the sides of the pan, and smooth with spatula.
- 5Bake for 43-48 minutes, or until the cream cheese mixture has turned golden brown and the cake springs back when touched lightly.
- 6Remove from oven and set cool for 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto serving platter. Let rest for 20 minutes more, then slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.8
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 467.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g