Top Review by Yaneya
This is a Duncan Hines recipe. I am not a chocolate lover, but this was really good cake. I would suggest using slightly less sugar though.
Here is a tip I found on that site. It helps.
After baking let stand in pan for 5 minutes. Place wax paper over and turn upside down onto cookie pan. Let sit another 5 minutes, and then remove pan. You can then let cool and put back into the original pan.
- 1 (17 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease bottom of 9"x13" cake pan Sprinkle pecans and coconut on bottom of pan.
- Mix cake as directed on box.
- Pour cake batter over pecans and coconut.
- Mix cream cheese, melted margarine and powdered sugar until creamy. Drop by spoonfuls onto cake batter being careful not to touch side of pan with mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes (glass pan).