Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- Grease bottom of 9"x13" cake pan Sprinkle pecans and coconut on bottom of pan.
- Mix cake as directed on box.
- Pour cake batter over pecans and coconut.
- Mix cream cheese, melted margarine and powdered sugar until creamy. Drop by spoonfuls onto cake batter being careful not to touch side of pan with mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes (glass pan).
This is a Duncan Hines recipe. I am not a chocolate lover, but this was really good cake. I would suggest using slightly less sugar though.
Here is a tip I found on that site. It helps.
After baking let stand in pan for 5 minutes. Place wax paper over and turn upside down onto cookie pan. Let sit another 5 minutes, and then remove pan. You can then let cool and put back into the original pan.
Made this for a "toy" party last night and it was super yummy!! I took KT's suggestion and did it 1/2 cake then cream chesse mix and cake.
This a wonderfully mosit and rich cake. I made it for a birthday party at work and everyone loved it. It is simple to make and is a different twist then the standard German Chocolate cake.