Recipe by jenny_aggie07
This recipe comes from the TOH "Best of Country Cookies". Makes a large batch great for bake sales and get-togethers.
Top Review by tarab5
Nice consistency and pleasant taste. But these didn't knock my socks off... seems like they needed more chocolate... maybe even toss in some chocolate chips. I left out the nuts because I don't like them in my cookies.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 113.39 g package German sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml water
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 1537.83 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml salt
- 354.88 ml English toffee bits or 354.88 ml almond brickle chips
- 354.88 ml walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars.
- Beat in chocolate.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in water and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in toffee bits and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.