1/1 Photo of German Chocolate Toffee Cookies
3 hrs 35 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
This recipe comes from the TOH "Best of Country Cookies". Makes a large batch great for bake sales and get-togethers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (4 ounce) package German sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups English toffee bits or 1 1/2 cups almond brickle chips
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars.
- 3Beat in chocolate.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Beat in water and vanilla.
- 6Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 7Stir in toffee bits and walnuts.
- 8Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 9Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 156
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 51.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
English toffee bits