Recipe by Vino Girl
I haven't tried this, but I collect German Chocolate recipes since it is one of my dad's favorites, and I haven't seen anything like this one before. From Rhodes Bread. (Thawing time isn't included.)
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed and risen (Rhodes)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, packed
- 1⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar crystals (optional)
- additional coconut (optional)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten loaf into a 7x11 rectangle.
- Sprinkle with sugar, coconut, chocolate chips and pecans to within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Roll up tightly, jelly roll style, starting with a short end, being careful not to stretch the dough.
- Sprinkle sugar crystals and additional coconut over loaf if desired.
- Place loaf, seam side down, in a 9x5 bread pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until 1-inch over top of pan.
- While bread is rising, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove wrap and bake for 35 minutes. To prevent over browning, cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking, if necessary.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.