1 hr 5 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
I haven't tried this, but I collect German Chocolate recipes since it is one of my dad's favorites, and I haven't seen anything like this one before. From Rhodes Bread. (Thawing time isn't included.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Flatten loaf into a 7x11 rectangle.
- 2Sprinkle with sugar, coconut, chocolate chips and pecans to within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- 3Roll up tightly, jelly roll style, starting with a short end, being careful not to stretch the dough.
- 4Sprinkle sugar crystals and additional coconut over loaf if desired.
- 5Place loaf, seam side down, in a 9x5 bread pan coated with cooking spray.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until 1-inch over top of pan.
- 7While bread is rising, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 8Remove wrap and bake for 35 minutes. To prevent over browning, cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking, if necessary.
- 9Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Swirl Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 6.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough