German Chocolate Surprise Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F In an ungreased 9-inch cake pan, mix the topping ingredients. Spread evenly in the pan.
- In small, microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate and 1/4 cup water on High 1-1.5 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Stir to blend.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs until well blended.
- On low speed, beat in 3/4 cup of the flour and the milk. Add remaining 1/2 cup flour; beat well.
- Stir in chocolate mixture until blended. Pour batter over the topping in the pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen. Place serving plate upside down over cake in pan. Turn the plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve warm or cool.