Top Review by Claire de Luna
I've tried this twice now and love it. It's light and chewy, and the cream cheese is like a very light frosting on the cookie. I really like to bake from "scratch", but this is one that tastes like you did, without a lot of fuss. This will go into my favorite bar cookies file!
- 1 package german chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Press into bottom of a greased 13x9 inch pan, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and 2 eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until blended.
- Spread evenly over chocolate batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, and cut into squares.