Recipe by CIndytc
Got this out of my Southern Living Magazine. My boyfriend adores German Chocolate so put it here for safe keeping...Nice individual dessert.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake pecans 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven to 300°F.
- Stir together cake mix, pecans, 1 egg, and butter; press mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Beat powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and remaining 3 eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon powdered sugar mixture over batter in pan, spreading to edges.
- Bake at 300°F for 1 hour.
- Let cake cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Remove cake from pan to a cutting board, and cut into 2 1/2 to 3 inch squares.