Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This warm, silky sauce is perfect over ice cream or pound cake. Be sure to use "sweet" baking chocolate, not semisweet or unsweetened.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (do not substitute margarine)
- 1 (4 ounce) package sweet baking chocolate (like German's Sweet Chocolate. Do NOT use semisweet or unsweetened chocolate)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, salt, and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm over ice cream or pound cake.
- Note: This sauce can be reheated in the microwave oven on Medium (50% power). The amount of time will vary with the amount of sauce being reheated.
Excellent chocolate sauce. I used it on pound cake and ladyfingers. Made for Football Pool 2013
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! What more could a chocaholic want? This sauce is truly divine! Rich, creamy, silky smooth, and so fantastic. I followed everything as per recipe, although I did use the microwave to melt butter and chocolate. So easy to make and the sauce is to die for. Just like a chocolate fudge sauce. I served with French Vanilla Ice Cream and it what just perfect. The family adored it but there is one downfall to this recipe ..... I am having problems with DS eating what I have left in the fridge......by the spoon! Can't blame him it is so delicious and fudgy cold as well...... ummm and how do I know you ask? Well ummmm ......ssssshhhhh...... It's my secret !!!! Thanks Bayhill, I won't forget this one, and if I do I am sure DS will remind me!!!
Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #24. Excellent topping for ice cream and very easy to do. Thanks for posting this Bayhill!