Recipe by PetesNina
Are you ready for the yummiest, simplest recipe for German Chocolate Sandwich Cookies? I was in the mood for some and started searching through the 'Zaar for a good recipe and I was astounded at the time and effort involved in just getting a couple into my tummy. I remembered the basic cake mix cookie, and 20 minutes later...Heaven! Enjoy these cookies while you are planning your next variation. I have made these with some many different flavor mixes and fillings, unfilled and iced they are very nice, too.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box fudge cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (12 ounce) container coconut pecan frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cake mix, egg and oil until well combined.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 9-10 minutes or till set.
- Spread icing onto half of the cookies and top with another cookie.