- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 2 (1 2/3 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix (I use sugar-free)
- 3 cups milk
- 6 Heath candy bars, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) Cool Whip, thawed (I use fat-free)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Prepare cake as directed on package and bake in a 9x13 inch pan. Cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat pudding with milk until thick and let set in the fridge.
- Cut cake into small cubes and place half of them in the bottom of a glass punch bowl.
- Make a layer, placing half of the pudding over the cake cubes, cover with half of the crushed candy bars pieces and then with half of the Cool Whip.
- Then make another layer with the remainder cake cubes, pudding, candy bar pieces and cover with Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle pecans or nuts on top and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight for better flavor.