Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
- 14 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream or 3 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Add chocolate mixture to beaten egg yolks; then add 2/3 cups powdered sugar.
- Chill, then fold in whipped cream.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form.
- Add remaining 1/3 cup sugar into eggs and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Crush vanilla wafer and line a 9X9 inch pan with part of crumbs.
- Spread 2 cups of chocolate mixture over the crumbs.
- Repeat with more crumbs and then the pudding mixture.
- Top pudding with crumbs.
- Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
- Cut and serve.