Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is my adopted recipe. I haven't made it yet.
Top Review by Carmen Brown
The recipe was easy to make although I would recommend using deep dish pie shells. The regular pie shells overflowed. Also, it didn't seem like it cooked completely - I even cooked the pies for an extra 10 minutes. I even stored them in the refrigerator. They were more of a pudding consistancy in the middle - VERY RICH. If you don't LOVE chocolate you probably won't want more than a bite or two.
- 3 cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 13 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 eggs, Beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup regular margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups coconut, Flaked
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the margarine and set aside.
- Combine the sugar and baking cocoa in a bowl.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, eggs, melted butter or margarine, and vanilla, blending well.
- Stir in the coconut and pecans and turn into two unbaked pie shells.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 40 minutes or until set around the edges.
- Cool on racks.