Prep 5 hrs
Cook 3 mins
Cool and refreshing Chocolate cream pie. Nice all year long but especially nice in the Summer since you don't have to bake it and it's served very cold :)Cook time is only for melting the chocolate.
- 4 ounces bakers German sweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Crush cookies, putting aside 1/4 bag.
- Mix cookies with margarine, press into deep 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the milk in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Beat sugar into cream cheese, add remaining milk and chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
- Fold in Coolwhip gently, blending until smooth.
- Spoon into crust.
- Put protective cover over pie.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- top with reserved 1/4 bag of crushed cookies.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving.
- Store any leftover pie in refrigerator or freezer.
This was very good, but man oh man is it RICH!!! This pie is very quick and easy to make. My family loved it, but I guarantee that a small slice is all you'll be able to eat because it is so rich. Thanks for a great recipe.