1/2 Photos of German Chocolate Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Jann Edwards's Note:
This is delicious! I am asked to make this pie for every family gathering. I'm posting it here so my family can easily find the recipe if they desire. I hope you enjoy it as much as they do. Let me know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2Separate eggs and let come to room temperature.
- 3Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on med-low until frothy.
- 4Add cream of tartar.
- 5Increase mixer speed to med-high to high and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- 6Add sugar a little at a time.
- 7Add vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 8Fold in pecans.
- 9Spread on bottom and up sides of a GREASED 9 inch pie plate.
- 10Bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees.
- 11Remove from oven and set aside to cool on a rack.
- 13Melt German Chocolate in 3 TBLS water on LOW heat. Set aside to cool.
- 14Whip cream, adding sugar, salt and vanilla.
- 15Fold in melted chocolate last.
- 16Spoon mixture into cooled crust and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Overnight is best.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Pie
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 46.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g