Recipe by Dib's
Here's a chocolate twist to pecan pie-enjoy!
Top Review by Chef on the coast
Our family LOVES German Chocolate Cake - so tried this. The result was fabulous! DH couldn't stop telling me how yummy it is. Thank you for a keeper. I halved the recipe for one pie and it worked out just great.
- 368.54 g can evaporated milk
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 88.74 ml cocoa powder
- 113.39 g butter, melted
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flaked coconut
- 354.88 ml chopped pecans
- 2 9-inch deep dish pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Beat in the evaporated milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Stir in the coconut and pecans.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shells and bake for 1 hour, up to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks for 1 hour.
- Place pies in the fridge and chill well.