Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
My husband loves German chocolate cake and fudge...this way he can enjoy both pleasures at once. This is very rich so a little goes a long way. Prep time includes 2 hours for chilling.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
First off, just so you know, there's no way you're cutting this 8"x8" square of fudge into 1" pieces & come up with 24 pieces. I ended up with almost 50 pieces! But, that's not the important thing here ~ What's really paramount here is that THIS FUDGE IS A FABULOUS ~ GREAT TASTING ~ WONDERFUL, & if you're like me, you'll eat most of it yourself anyway! Thanks so much for sharing a great keeper (the recipe, that is, 'cause the fudge is gone in no time at all)! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped tag in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]
- 4 (4 ounce) packagesgerman baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8" square baking pan with greased aluminum foil that extends over two sides. Combine chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate softens, stirring after 1st minute then ever 30 seconds.
- Stir mixture until chocolate melts.
- Stir in pecans, coconut and vanilla.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 1" squares.