Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light (May 2005).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 3CUPCAKES: Place 6 tablespoons butter and chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. (Keep an eye on this and adjust as necessary since microwaves vary so much!).
- 4Stir until chocolate melts.
- 5Stir in granulated sugar, water, and 2 teaspoons vanilla; add egg substitute, stirring mixture with a whisk.
- 6Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 7Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- 8Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
- 9Bake for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- 10Cool on a wire rack.
- 11ICING: Melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 12Add brown sugar; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 13Add milk, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 14Remove from heat; stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 15Gradually add powdered sugar, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- 16Working quickly, spread each cupcake with about 1 1/2 tablespoons frosting; sprinkle cupcakes evenly with pecans and coconut.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Cupcakes With Caramel Icing
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
evaporated low-fat milk