Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Decadent brownies from local paper. Enjoy! *I updated cooking time from 30 min to 1 hour based on reviews*
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces powdered sugar, plus extra (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine, and 1 of the eggs; mix well.
- Press mixture into a greased 9x9 inch pan.
- In a seperate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, vanilla& powdered sugar.
- Pour over chocolate mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with extra powdered sugar& pecans.
My daughters chose to make this recipe for the We're Really Cooking Now challenge ZWT 4. They did almost all the work themselves, and I must say they did a fantastic job. The brownies were chewy, crunchy delicious. Loved the gooey cream cheese layer. I was out of pecans, so they substituted walnuts. Made for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe and the fun time we had cooking together making it!
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 ~ Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! We are brownie addicts in this house & I have to admit that I make them at least twice a week. I wanted to try these as I've never made brownies with cream cheese & was interested to see how they turned out. These are so tasty & easy to make. The only thing that I will say is that they did not turn out the same texture as our regular brownies - but they are just as scrummy & disappeared just as fast! Thanks Ang for a yummy brownie recipe! :)
This recipe is a keeper.My family loved them! Thanks for sharing.