Recipe by Ang11002
Decadent brownies from local paper. Enjoy! *I updated cooking time from 30 min to 1 hour based on reviews*
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
My daughters chose to make this recipe for the We're Really Cooking Now challenge ZWT 4. They did almost all the work themselves, and I must say they did a fantastic job. The brownies were chewy, crunchy delicious. Loved the gooey cream cheese layer. I was out of pecans, so they substituted walnuts. Made for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe and the fun time we had cooking together making it!
- 1 (18 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces powdered sugar, plus extra (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine, and 1 of the eggs; mix well.
- Press mixture into a greased 9x9 inch pan.
- In a seperate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, remaining 2 eggs, vanilla& powdered sugar.
- Pour over chocolate mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with extra powdered sugar& pecans.