Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 mins
From Nestle's "Very Best Baking" Holiday 2005 issue.
Make and share this German Chocolate Coconut Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, divided (or Swirled semi-sweet and white chocolate Morsels, divided)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place cake mix in a large bowl; cut in butter and lightly beaten egg until mixture is crumbly.
- Press onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract in medium bowl; beat until well combined.
- Stir in 1 cup coconut, nuts and 1/2 cup morsels.
- Spread mixture evenly over base; sprinkle with remaining coconut and morsels. Lightly press down.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes or until center is almost set. (Center will firm up when cool.)
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
SOOOO good!! I didn't have german chocolate cake mix so I used red velvet. It was amazing!! Thanks!
These are absolutely delicious. Brought them to work and they were gone within minutes.
These were delish! And so easy! I used dark chocolate fudge cake mix instead of german chocolate just because I like it better. I bet the coconut/sweetened condensed milk/nut/chocolate chip topping would be great on brownies! Thanks for the recipe. I am sure I will make this again.