1/1 Photo of German Chocolate Coconut Bars
Vino Girl's Note:
From Nestle's "Very Best Baking" Holiday 2005 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, divided (or Swirled semi-sweet and white chocolate Morsels, divided)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Place cake mix in a large bowl; cut in butter and lightly beaten egg until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Press onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 4Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla extract in medium bowl; beat until well combined.
- 5Stir in 1 cup coconut, nuts and 1/2 cup morsels.
- 6Spread mixture evenly over base; sprinkle with remaining coconut and morsels. Lightly press down.
- 7Bake for 30 to 32 minutes or until center is almost set. (Center will firm up when cool.)
- 8Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Coconut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 197.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g