3 hrs 30 mins
Recipe is from Fleischmann's Yeast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope Fleischmann's active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (100 to 110 F)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 3 -3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Stir the yeast into warm water in a large mixing bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Heat milk and butter until warm (100° to 110°F) and add to bowl. Add 1 cup flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer until very smooth. Add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead about 8 to 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large greased bowl, cover and let rise about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until dough has doubled in size.
- 2Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over butter. Roll up from long sides like a jelly roll. Cut into 12 equal pieces. Arrange rolls, cut sides up in a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 3Cover pan loosely with greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
- 4While rolls are rising, prepare frosting. Combine evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks and butter in a large saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add nuts and coconut. Refrigerate until ready to frost rolls.
- 5Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks for 20 minutes.
- 6Spread prepared frosting over rolls and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.6
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 388.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 8.6 g