Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
No one will believe this cake started from a cake mix. Be sure to use a plain mix, one without pudding already in the mix. From "Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor".
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour Bundt cake pan.
- Place all cake ingredients except chocolate chips in large mixing bowl. Beat as directed on the cake mix box.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 58-62 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Remove and cool for 20 minutes, then run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and turn it out onto a wire rack to cool for about 20 more minutes.
- Place glaze ingredients in microwaveable glass measuring cup. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, then stir until chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Place cake on serving platter and spoon the warm glaze over it. Let sit for at least another 10 minutes before slicing.