Recipe by brian48195
This is a recipe I made up on the fly. I had made a full size German Chocolate Cheesecake and it was very good. People said it was awesome, but you couldn't eat a big piece because it was so rich. So, I decided to modify a popular cheesecake tart recipe and came up with this. I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by FOREVER YOUNG
I can't believe I didn't rate these. these are so awesome. I couldn't believe how easy these are to make. I brought these to work and people were looking for more. Everyone wanted the recipe. They're definetly better cold. If they sit out too long, they begin to get a little soggy. I will be making these often. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 pecan sandies
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut pecan frosting (I use Duncan Hines)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°FF. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of a muffin pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla and coco powder and beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place a pecan sandie, top side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over pecan sandies.
- Bake for 17 minutes and allow tarts to cool completely.
- Spread coconut pecan frosting on top of each and refrigerate.