1/2 Photos of German Chocolate Cheesecake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
For all you who, like me, love cheesecake but aren't that great at making it, this one is for us! A cake/cheesecake combination from Taste of Home with a most delicious frosting. (I recommend making this a day or two in advance, since the flavours are definitely better after the day it's made.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Prepare cake batter according to package directions; set aside.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed, just until combined.
- 3Pour half the cake batter into a greased 9x13 pan; gently pour cream cheese mixture over batter. Gently spoon remaining batter over top, spreading to edge of pan.
- 4Bake at 325F for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- 5FROSTING: Combine sugar, milk, butter, and egg yolks in a heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until thickened.
- 6Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and fold in coconut and pecans. Cool until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled cake.
- 7Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.2
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 464.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 51.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g