Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different dessert, and a delicious one that's even better if made ahead of time. Recipe from Duncan Hines.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix (2-layer size)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- grated chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready an ungreased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix all crust ingredients at low speed of electric mixer uintil crumbly. Press lightly into baking pan.
- Beat all ingredients for filling until smooth and fluffy. Spread over crust.
- Bake in middle of preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool.
- Combine topping ingredients and spread over top of cooled filllling. Refrigerate for several hours or days.
- Before serving, sprinkle with grated chocolate, if desired.