Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
With how easy and delicous this recipe is, there is no excuses for anyone to rely on canned German Chocolate frosting anymore. This recipe is tried and true courtesy of my favorite cook...my mom. My husband loves German chocolate cake, and this frosting is what makes it. Once again, I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts, typically walnuts or 1 cup pecans, slivered almonds work as well
- Place everything but nuts and coconut in sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, cook for approximately 12 minutes.
- Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Frost cake.