Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another one of my grandmothers recipes. Never made it. I just haven't seen a recipe for this on this site and thought someone might be looking for one.
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk or 2⁄3 cup sour milk
- 3 egg whites (stiff beaten)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can coconut pecan frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and lightly flour 8X1 1/2 inch round baking pan.
- Heat chocolate and 1/3 cup water til chocolate melts; cool.
- Beat butter about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla; beat til fluffy.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating one min after each.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.