1/1 Photo of German Chocolate Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease the bottom of 3 (9") pans or one 9x13 pan.
- 2In a microwave proof bowl melt the chocolate and water on high for 1 1/2-2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after each minute; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- 3Mix flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 4Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer till light and fluffy.
- 5Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- 7Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 8In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 9Gently stir into batter and pour evenly into pans.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Cool for 15 minutes and remove from pans.
- 12Frost with Coconut-Pecan Frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5062.3
- Calories from Fat 2226
- Total Fat 247.3 g
- Saturated Fat 147.3 g
- Cholesterol 1343.8 mg
- Sodium 3710.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 672.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 472.6 g
- Protein 65.4 g