Recipe by CookbookCarrie
Yummy, Easy, and the perfect treat for a bake sale or an afternoon snack. Adapted from Betty Crocker Ultimate Cookies & Brownies.
Top Review by Sara Marie
This was an easy alternative to my dad's favorite German chocolate birthday cake...It was so delicious, and the chocolate chips really add to the frosting! This was perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream:)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) containerbetty crocker rich and creamy coconut pecan frosting (or Coconut Pecan Frosting Coconut pecan frosting by Christmas)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Melt 2°C chocolate chips and the butter in a 3 quart Saucepan over low heat, stir constantly; remove fromt he heat and stir in the sugar, flour, vanilla, baking powder, salt& eggs.
- Mix until just combined.
- Spread batter in an ungreased rectangular pan (13x9x2).
- Bake 27 to 34 minutes until center is set, cool completely.
- Mix your (cool) frosting recipe with the 1°C Chocolate chips (you can add more pecans if you like).
- Spread over the cooled brownies.