Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These brownies are to die for!! They are rich, moist, and absolutely delicious, and the topping is incredible! This recipe is one I will be making often! Thanks for sharing... Linda
For the Brownies
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
For the Topping
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat and add baking chocolate; stir constantly until all is melted and smooth, then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool about 15 minutes, then add sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the eggs, and mix thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to the chocolate mixture in increments, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean.
- Set the oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and milk, mixing well; stir in the coconut and pecans.
- Spread topping evenly over the warm brownies and broil brownies 1-1 1/2 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool brownies in the pan on a wire rack until completely cooled, about 1 hour.
- Cut into bars and serve.