this is a great idea!
Make and share this German Chocolate Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and add 4 oz chopped chocolate to melt over low heat.
- Cool 10 minutes or more.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Add beaten eggs and beat well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and add to the mixture.
- Mis well and spread in 8 inch or 9 inch square glass pan that has been buttered.
- Bake at 325 for 18-23 minutes until a knife inserted is clean when removed.
- Remove and set the oven to broil.
- Combine the 2 T. of melted butter with 1/2 cup of brown sugar, the 2 T. of corn syrup, the 2 T. of milk.
- Stir in the 1 cup of flaked coconut and 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts.
- Drop the misture by teaspoonsful evenly over the warm brownies.
- Spread gently.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool 1 hour.