this is a great idea!
Make and share this German Chocolate Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter and add 4 oz chopped chocolate to melt over low heat.
- Cool 10 minutes or more.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Add beaten eggs and beat well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and add to the mixture.
- Mis well and spread in 8 inch or 9 inch square glass pan that has been buttered.
- Bake at 325 for 18-23 minutes until a knife inserted is clean when removed.
- Remove and set the oven to broil.
- Combine the 2 T. of melted butter with 1/2 cup of brown sugar, the 2 T. of corn syrup, the 2 T. of milk.
- Stir in the 1 cup of flaked coconut and 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts.
- Drop the misture by teaspoonsful evenly over the warm brownies.
- Spread gently.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool 1 hour.
These are very rich, so be sure to cut them into small servings. Also make sure you watch closely while under the broiler because they can burn quickly. Made as per recipe. These were my contribution to a Super Bowl party.