Recipe by Kasia#3
This recipe came from my husband Aunt Lucille. They are soooooooo good! Kids just love them. I sent them to school for my son's birthday and he came back with a note from the teacher asking for the recipe.
Top Review by Blon-Dish
These we very rich brownies that were quite easy to make! Just a couple of notes: (1) When making, it was very difficult to spread the second 1/2 batter batch over the top of the first layer and I wound up using my fingers to try and get it to spread evenly (2)The cooking time called for 15-18 minutes - I checked them at that time and it was almost pure, raw cake batter - I wound up cooking for almost 30 minutes altogether - and I have a convection oven! (3)They were a little bit oily when you picked them up - probably from the butter and caramels. All in all very good!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 13 x 9 pan.
- Melt butter.
- Chop Pecans.
- Combine carmels (unwrap first) and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk in microwave.
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until all carmels are melted.
- Combine cake mix (not Prepared), melted butter, 1/3 cup evaporated mild and pecans.
- Stir by hand till mixed.
- Press 1/2 of dough in bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350° for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle chocolate chips over crust and drizzle carmel over cover with remaining dough.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from over and Cool.