I went on a search for a German Chocolate Cake-like cookie that was made from scratch and not using a cake mix. I found this on cooksrecipes.com. Prep time is approximate and does not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1For Cookies:.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; mix well and set aside.
- 4Cream together brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 5Add eggs and continue beating for 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in flour mixture until just mixed and then add chocolate chips.
- 7Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 8Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cookies are set.
- 9Do not overbake.
- 10Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- 11Frost cooled cookies.
- 12For Frosting:.
- 13Combine evaporated milk, sugar, butter and egg yolks in medium saucepan and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- 14Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla, pecans and coconut.
- 15Allow to cool slightly and frost cooled cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2219.0
- Calories from Fat 1120
- Total Fat 124.5 g
- Saturated Fat 53.6 g
- Cholesterol 333.7 mg
- Sodium 797.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 279.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 208.5 g
- Protein 24.1 g