Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy way to have the taste of German chocolate cake without the preparation time. This recipe came from a bake sale in Kansas where I was a student (umpteen thousand years ago). I don't know the lady who originally fixed them, but I attribute my "Freshman 15" directly to these wonderful bars.
- 236.59 ml butter (not margarine)
- 118.29 ml whole milk
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml walnuts (chopped)
- 236.59 ml graham cracker (crushed)
- 236.59 ml coconut
- 453.59 g box graham crackers
- 453.59 g can chocolate frosting
- Mix and bring to boil: butter, sugar, milk, and egg.
- Mix in: walnuts, crushed graham crackers, coconut.
- Place single layer of whole graham crackers
- in 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour above mixture onto graham crackers. Place single layer of graham crackers on top. Allow to cool. Top with chocolate frosting. You may want to sprinkle a few chopped nuts on top as well. Cut and eat.