Recipe by Dreamgoddess
These delicious brownies are laden with coconut and pecans on the inside and topped with a delicious German chocolate frosting. Absolutely yummy! From Family Circle.
Top Review by Chef on the coast
This recipe was amazing! I actually made 2 pans. One for home and one to take to our church youth group. I loved the frosting especially. These were a huge hit and can't wait to make them again for work! Sorry this review is also late. Peaches needed to get done - they refused to wait. lol Made for the September 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap. I will post pics later.
- 498.95 g box brownie mix
- 1 large egg
- 59.14 ml water
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml coconut extract
- 118.29 ml sweetened flaked coconut, chopped
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 73.94 ml unsalted butter, cut up
- 141.74 g evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 236.59 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 177.44 ml pecans, chopped
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9" pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the brownie mix, egg, water, oil and coconut extract in a large bowl.
- Mix just until blended.
- Stir in the 1/2 c coconut and 1/2 c pecans.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
- Frosting: Combine 3/4 c sugar, butter, milk and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium high heat, stirring, until thickened (about 13-15 minutes).
- Add in the 1 c coconut, 3/4 c pecans and vanilla.
- Cook about 2 more minutes.
- When the brownies are done, pour on the warm topping and spread to the edges.
- Cool 20 minutes on a wire rack.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- You can use the foil to life the brownies out of the pan to make slicing easier.