1/2 Photos of German Chocolate Bars
These delicious brownies are laden with coconut and pecans on the inside and topped with a delicious German chocolate frosting. Absolutely yummy! From Family Circle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13x9" pan with cooking spray.
- 3Combine the brownie mix, egg, water, oil and coconut extract in a large bowl.
- 4Mix just until blended.
- 5Stir in the 1/2 c coconut and 1/2 c pecans.
- 6Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
- 7Frosting: Combine 3/4 c sugar, butter, milk and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- 8Cook on medium high heat, stirring, until thickened (about 13-15 minutes).
- 9Add in the 1 c coconut, 3/4 c pecans and vanilla.
- 10Cook about 2 more minutes.
- 11When the brownies are done, pour on the warm topping and spread to the edges.
- 12Cool 20 minutes on a wire rack.
- 13Chill until ready to serve.
- 14You can use the foil to life the brownies out of the pan to make slicing easier.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Bars
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.7
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 184.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g