These have been a favorite of mine for years. They are quite different from most brownie/bar cookies yet are a hit every time they've been served. If you like caramel and chocolate .....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Unwrap the bag of caramels.
- 2Over a double boiler, melt caramels with 1/2 cup evaporated milk; set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°.
- 4In a large bowl, combine German Chocolate cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, nuts and 6-ounces (1 cup) chocolate chips; mix by hand until mixture holds together.
- 5Press 1/2 mixture in a 9x13-inch pan.
- 6Bake 6 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle remaining 6 ounces (1 cup) chocolate chips evenly over the top of baked mixture.
- 8Spread/drizzle the melted caramel evenly over the top of the baked mixture/chocolate chips.
- 9Crumble the remaining reserved mixture evenly over the top of the caramel.
- 10Bake 15 to 18 minutes. Cool completely (may speed up cooling by placing in the refrigerator) before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1780 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7564.7
- Calories from Fat 3676
- Total Fat 408.4 g
- Saturated Fat 193.5 g
- Cholesterol 454.7 mg
- Sodium 6501.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 996.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 50.7 g
- Sugars 711.6 g
- Protein 92.9 g