Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 mins
These have been a favorite of mine for years. They are quite different from most brownie/bar cookies yet are a hit every time they've been served. If you like caramel and chocolate .....
- Unwrap the bag of caramels.
- Over a double boiler, melt caramels with 1/2 cup evaporated milk; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine German Chocolate cake mix, butter, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, nuts and 6-ounces (1 cup) chocolate chips; mix by hand until mixture holds together.
- Press 1/2 mixture in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 6 ounces (1 cup) chocolate chips evenly over the top of baked mixture.
- Spread/drizzle the melted caramel evenly over the top of the baked mixture/chocolate chips.
- Crumble the remaining reserved mixture evenly over the top of the caramel.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes. Cool completely (may speed up cooling by placing in the refrigerator) before cutting.
Fantastically delicious recipe!!! This is a big ol' pan of ooey-gooey delight!
These are amazing and so easy to make!!!
I love this recipe. It's so easy and they are a hit with all of my friends. I have made these several times and they never fail. You can even use other flavors of cake mix. I highly recommend this recipe.