Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have no clue where I got this recipe, but nobody in my family or church can get enough. The first time I made it, it was for my birthday dinner. I invited Mom, Pop, and Chris over and they loved it. My pop isn't crazy about cakes like this, but he ate two pieces. I took it to an eatin' meetin' and didn't get to bring home a crumb. You have to keep it in the refrigerator, so make room for it. It's also a very pretty cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup ripe banana, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can coconut pecan frosting
- 1⁄4 cup banana, mashed
- 1 (60 g) milk chocolate candy bars (I use Hershey's)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13x9" pan or two 9" cake pans.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, bananas, water, oil and eggs.
- Beat at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine frosting and mashed bananas.
- If making layers, use a small amount to fill and ice the cake with the rest.
- Either shave the chocolate bar into curls or melt and drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Store covered in refrigerator.