1 hr 30 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I have no clue where I got this recipe, but nobody in my family or church can get enough. The first time I made it, it was for my birthday dinner. I invited Mom, Pop, and Chris over and they loved it. My pop isn't crazy about cakes like this, but he ate two pieces. I took it to an eatin' meetin' and didn't get to bring home a crumb. You have to keep it in the refrigerator, so make room for it. It's also a very pretty cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can coconut pecan frosting
- 1/4 cup banana, mashed
- 1 (60 g) milk chocolate candy bars (I use Hershey's)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour 13x9" pan or two 9" cake pans.
- 3In large bowl, combine cake mix, bananas, water, oil and eggs.
- 4Beat at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 6Cool completely.
- 7In small bowl, combine frosting and mashed bananas.
- 8If making layers, use a small amount to fill and ice the cake with the rest.
- 9Either shave the chocolate bar into curls or melt and drizzle over the top of the cake.
- 10Store covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Banana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.7
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 370.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g