Recipe by katia
Post for Zaar Tour 2006. Its a super easy and tasty recipe but its has a lot of calories! I always enjoyed it!!!
Top Review by Mike-in-Abilene
My German wife of 42 years came home and asked what's for dinner. I told her German chicken. This caused an eye roll and a look of interest because she wan't aware of any special German chicken. Knowing she is a stickler for details (did I mention she is German) I followed the recipe as best I could. I used sour cream with whipping cream 50/50 instead of the "creme fresh" Served over plain spaghetti noodles. She absolutely loved it. After all the the accolades, from said wife, I am thinking of having a TV cooking show. Unless she is messing with me again......
- 4 chicken breasts
- 150 g bacon
- 400 g mushrooms
- 400 g corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200 g creme fraiche
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 glass water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and brown the chicken.
- Cut the bacon in pieces and add it to the skillet.
- Add the corn and the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and then add the lemon juice and at last the water.
- Simmer for 50 minutes.
- Add the creme and simmer for another 10 minutes.