Recipe by iewe
I found this recipe online -- looks like a tasty combination, and easy to throw together.
Top Review by threeovens
This recipe worked out well, just be aware that it is only as good as your BBQ sauce! You should also watch how long you cook it, it would depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts. I had to take mine out a little early since they were a little thin. Made for ZWT 6.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup Polish sausage, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups sauerkraut
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, crumble, and set aside. Cook onion and garlic in bacon drippings until crisp tender, about 4 minutes.
- In 9x13 glass baking dish, combine sausage, sauerkraut, tomato sauce and honey and mix well (you might want to spray dish with cooking spray to keep from sticking). Add cooked onion and garlic (including drippings) and stir.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on top of sauerkraut mixture. Sprinkle everything with the bacon.
- Cover with foil and bake for 55-65 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.