Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was found on the website germanculture.com/recipes & is posted here to bulk up my Germanic recipes for the ZWT6.
- 2 cups fresh cherries, divided
- 3 tablespoons cherry brandy
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 green grapes (long, seedless)
- 1 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped (optional)
- Wash & drain cherries, then remove pits & set aside 8 whole cherries for garnish.
- Place remaining cherries in a bowl & add cherry brandy.
- In a small saucepan, boil 3 tablespoons of sugar in the water to make a thin sugar syrup, then add this syrup to the cherries & stir to blend, before covering the cherries & setting them aide to soak for 20 minutes.
- Cut the grapes in half, & put 6 halves in each of 4 glass dishes, before arranging the cherries on top of the grapes.
- Thoroughly blend together the cream cheese, 3 tablsepoons of sugar, vanilla extract & ground almonds.
- Whip the cream & carefully add it to the cream cheese mixture, then spoon it over the cherries.
- Decorate each bowl with the chopped almonds & 2 whole cherries each.