Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
An easy, tangy, spicy, very filling casserole that fills your house with the great scent of good ethnic home cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large casserole dish with a lid, layer the ingredients in this order - 3 dabs of butter, potatoes, onions, sauerkraut, salt and pepper, sausage.
- You can half everything and make two "stacks" of layers as well, if you prefer. Make sure you end with sausage on top.
- Push ingredients down, if necessary, to compress and fit into your dish.
- Bake until the potatoes are tender - I usually go for an hour and fifteen minutes for perfect potato tenderness for my family.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- This dish is wonderful with home-made bread.