1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
An easy, tangy, spicy, very filling casserole that fills your house with the great scent of good ethnic home cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large casserole dish with a lid, layer the ingredients in this order - 3 dabs of butter, potatoes, onions, sauerkraut, salt and pepper, sausage.
- 3You can half everything and make two "stacks" of layers as well, if you prefer. Make sure you end with sausage on top.
- 4Push ingredients down, if necessary, to compress and fit into your dish.
- 5Bake until the potatoes are tender - I usually go for an hour and fifteen minutes for perfect potato tenderness for my family.
- 6Remove from the oven and serve.
- 7This dish is wonderful with home-made bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.8
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 1188.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 15.7 g